Sunday, March 14, 2010

My very first posting!!!

Hello Fellow Musers!

I'm not sure that muser is a word, but since I'm not being graded for this I am taking creative liberty.

I'm excited about sharing my thoughts, hopes, and challenges. My desire is to open conversation with other people about life.....the good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly.

So who am I? I am this very flawed human who loves Jesus Christ. My passion is to have an authentic life that is centered in Jesus (love). My passion is to have a personal relationship with Jesus that goes beyond the veil. My passion is to be honest and transparent with people, to risk being hurt in order to grow and mature. I also want to love in a selfless way, a love which is not consumed with me, but a love that chooses to lay down my ego at the door of relationships. I say want to because I am no where near that goal yet, but I can attest that I am a work in progress (thank goodness for Grace). I also love Chipotles. hee hee. (Hey, those of you that know me...know that last sentence was a no brainer, I HAD to put that in!!!!)

I attended a great worship service today. I heard from God today in a dramatic way. Our presider shut off the lights and it was completely dark in our sanctuary (there are no windows in there). She lit one candle and it was amazing how that one candle illuminated the room. I was able to see the flame clearly because it was so dark. Then she turned on the light and although the flame was still there, it didn't stand out to me because there was other light present-light coming from lightbulbs. That light was not "authentic" or "real" but man made . I felt there was a parallel between that experience and what we are seeing in the culture right now. As people we are being bombarded by fake light, the kind of light which seeks to distract us from intimate relationship with God. Our culture focuses on the right look, the right technology, TV, body image, celebrities, doom and gloom news, the right job, the right kind of reputation, and dare I say it? Even church.

When we immerse ourselves in this type of light, it can be difficult to see the real thing...oh you know God is there, but it's hard to see Him or to focus when we are distracted by other things. So my question that I'm posting to the cosmic void is this: What types of "light" interfere with your relationship with God?

The best thing is that even though we mess up a lot...I can testify that He is constantly seeking us all the time. That's why we have Jesus Christ. I have more to share on this experience, but that will posting #2. Love you all.

Renee
Jeremiah 33:3

3 comments:

  1. I too was there and saw the light from the candle. For me any outside light is very enticing it can lure me away in a heart beat. I have had yet to over come the outside light but with Jesus Christ every new day is a chance to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sister! I like how you say it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Renee',
    Great question, everything is distracting light. Responsabilities really take time away from seeing GOD's light. Of course there is the all important nap (at least in my mind) which seems so appealing at times when God is longing for me to share my dreams, concerns, and prayers, and of course listening to his truth and wisdom. Thanks Renee

    ReplyDelete